Isaiah 43:19English Standard Version (ESV)
19 Behold, I am doing a new thing;
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
and rivers in the desert.
“A way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.” What a wonderful hope! This scripture demands that you call to mind all the mighty ways the Lord made a way for his people in otherwise perilous situations. The “new” thing being even mightier, and pales in comparison to the rest. Jesus Christ providing a way for the wandering, the lost, the insubordinate. A clear path to our ultimate hope, life with Him. Praise God!!
In the trenches we are witnessing so many mended ways. Often times through tiny little shoots of hope. When you consider so many of the boys we serve come with deeply ingrained behaviors, getting to see them make new choices (no matter how small) is so exciting! We had SEVERAL families report to us over fall break that their parents could not believe they brought home the same kid! We are excited to get the reports from winter break as they get ready to return. Richard’s mentee and his mother were on break here at the ranch and we had many opportunities to spend time with them and fellowship. Bringing them into our home and ministering to them was such a gift. This boy decided that it probably wouldn’t be good for him to go home yet. WOW! This was the same kid who a month ago was in a total emotion breakdown, which ultimately resulted in broken windows, and a broken will. God literally backed this kid into a corner and Richard was blessed enough to watch him wave a white flag to the Lord. The gifts of this ministry are vast. God is using our entire lives to show these boys the new road, to help navigate the darkness. We are blessed beyond measure.
- Richards eye is stable!!!!!
- Gabe got a new pump
- We hired new staff!! Our staff has recognized the need for a teacher with special education expertise. We have been relying on Naches district to help us facilitate this but with so many of the boys having IEP’s what a gift it would be to have a Special Ed teacher, so we prayed, and guess what? Our new staff member has a degree in special education. Praise God!!!
- Unity and fellowship among staff continues to grow as we live out the One Another’s together.
- Richard, for strength as he toils toward the vision for the Flying H
- We have two mentee’s Dallas and Jeremiah Dallas is pliable Jeremiah needs to be softened.
- We have two more staff families getting ready to interview, God’s hand in hiring
- Program changes
- Spring staff retreat/training we are praying for a guest speaker and are waiting to work out those details. She is a Master’s grad who has written a book on Radical Attachment Disorder (many of our boys come with the diagnosis). We are praying she can train our staff with a solid Biblical perspective. We are praying she would even make the trip!
- Father son camp out is in Feb. Some of our boys don’t have a Dad and they feel that absence at this event. This is a great launching point for background checked, Christian men who might have a desire to serve hurting boys, Could it be you? Call Richard
- The Landing, a teen version of Celebrate recovery is getting ready to launch, Pray for Mr. Armstrong as he brings this to the boys and Richard as he helps.